Feature Request: Automatic Discussion Threads for New Blog Posts

Dave Bucklin dave at 19a6.net
Sun May 10 15:30:22 UTC 2020

On Fri, May 08, 2020 at 10:08:32AM -0500, Nicholas Drozd wrote:
> This is a simple idea (I think). Frostbyte has a blog
> aggregator [fn:1]. When a new post is found, create a new discussion
> thread on Friends [fn:2] with a title along the lines of
> "New blog post: TITLE TITLE TITLE (AUTHOR AUTHOR)". That's it.

I agree with j3s on this -- I think having automated threads makes them
easy to ignore. I think it would be more valuable if the author emailed
the list to 1) advertise the blog post and 2) prompt discussion on one
or more aspects of it. I think Joe has done a good job of this in the
past, sending a brief announcement that includes some of the challenges
and discoveries he made along the way.

I loved your OBJECTIONS AND REBUTTALS section. I'll have to remember
that tactic.