Wiresharking libtls

Joe Nelson joe at begriffs.com
Sat May 9 02:01:43 UTC 2020

Joe Nelson wrote:
> If I could just extract the SSL connection from inside the tls
> structure (tls->ssl_conn, defined in tls_internal.h) then I think the
> following would work, but the internals of the structure are
> inaccessible to my program.

Tried a craptastic hack on this branch:
https://github.com/begriffs/picobounce/blob/keylogging/tls_debug.c

I copied the struct definition from the internal header and put it in my
own source file with a different name and casted to it. Still doesn't
work because I'm seeing my error message "Failed to get SSL session for
TLS"

Really wanted to get Wireshark working for this. When I have to fall
back to debug print statements rather than using tools I feel like I've
lost.

Maybe I should write a small MITM TLS proxy that logs the traffic in
each direction to the terminal in different colors.