Feature Request: Automatic Discussion Threads for New Blog Posts

jes j3s at c3f.net
Fri May 8 15:25:44 UTC 2020

My 2c: I feel that these sorts of automatic posts in mailing lists make
me pay less attention to them, because it makes the list feel less human
and more robotic.

Have you ever gotten so many automated emails of some sort in your inbox
that you make a rule to shove them into a folder, never to open the
folder again?

I like Drew Devault's approach here, generally. From his blog:

 > Have a comment on one of my posts?
 > Start a discussion in my public inbox by sending
 > an email to ~sircmpwn/public-inbox at lists.sr.ht

This way, mailing list content stays user-generated and doesn't feel so
spammy. A mailto: response link could be embedded next to the posts on
the aggregator, maybe that could serve as a solution?

j3s