What if our next meeting was ...virtual?

Joe Nelson joe at begriffs.com
Wed Mar 25 01:52:42 UTC 2020

Joe Nelson wrote:
> https://doodle.com/poll/s5p55q3ygx442gvs

Looks like Thursday evening, 7-10 is the winner. That's unsurprising
because it agrees with the earlier poll we took to establish the
in-person hack nights.

Wondering if I can get some help. I'm getting a little stressed out
about organizing the event. We need to decide on IRC/Mumble/Jitsi
details, as well as getting people access to the shared server. Can Dave
and Jes maybe step in to run the event?

Also considering if I should reach out to the mailing list for my blog
audience to see if other people around the world want to join. Don't
know how everyone would feel about that, since we're mostly
geographically centralized right now, and perhaps people prefer the
community feeling.

Given that people are quarantined most everywhere, we're in a uniquely
favorable situation for creating a global virtual hardcore hack night.