What if our next meeting was ...virtual?

Joe Nelson joe at begriffs.com
Mon Mar 16 00:49:51 UTC 2020

Dave Bucklin wrote:
> This sounds achievable to me. Set a time and a communication method
> and let things happen organically.

A casual format like that sounds fun to me too. Especially since I now
stay at home most the time, I'd be nice to have a virtual meeting.

> I wonder if it's preferable to have a large meeting window (e.g. noon
> to midnight) or a short one (e.g. 6 to 9). ... Maybe a 6-to-whenever
> type of approach would be enough.

Six to whenever sounds fine for a weeknight.

> We've used Doodle in the past to align on date and time. I'm open to
> using that again or an alternative.

That worked fine in the past, want to create a poll for us?

For the chatroom, do we just pick an established IRC room in Freenode or
something? For voice chat we should run a Murmur server on frostbyte.