Let's hack Minnebar! [and lightning talks in general]

Andrew Benson drewbenson at netjack.com
Thu Jan 30 07:09:34 UTC 2020

I talked to a friend I went to college with, and he was also very sure that it meant “short”, though he looked for awhile also and could not find any documentation that proved it.

Taking it those couple of “s” characters, though, does allow it to compile (with lots of warnings!) and run.  I don’t remember if I said that before.

> On Jan 28, 2020, at 12:26 PM, Nicholas Drozd <nicholasdrozd at gmail.com> wrote:

Do you know for sure that that's what the `s` is? I've seen "short
int" mentioned elsewhere, and it's a reasonable guess, but I haven't
been able to find any documentation about it. The IOCCC rules from
that era stipulate that entries be written in "common C (K&R + common
extensions)". What are the "common extensions"?