Should I use stdint.h types?

Joe Nelson joe at begriffs.com
Sat Jan 25 03:50:01 UTC 2020

> Technically, the older versions are more portable, where the specific
> versions make requirements more clear. Use the one that matches your
> intentions and goals.

The context is that I want to start pulling pieces out of programs I've
written and put them into a reusable personal library. I wanted to
develop a standardized style for the code, and one question was whether
to use the C99 types exclusively or the classic ones.

(Also made a typo in my previous email, meant ptrdiff_t rather than
offset_t.)