Let's hack Minnebar! [and lightning talks in general]

Joe Nelson joe at begriffs.com
Sat Jan 18 22:21:27 UTC 2020

Kurtis Hanna wrote:
> https://minnestar.org/minnebar/

Thanks for the suggestion. Might be a nice way to meet new future
members of the group too.

Speaking of giving talks, what would people think about adding some lightning
talks to our regular meetups? Could have two or three 5-minute talks and then
carry on with our usual hanging out. My original idea was that the hacknight
would be strictly a hands-on thing, but throwing in some talks could help stir
up new ideas.

Here are some suggestions of talks y'all could give:

* Nick: a dramatic reading of Dear Charlotte
* Erik: welcome to my editor<M-Backspace> OS
* Dave: controlling cats through email
* Paul: hello robot arm world
* Chuck: look ma, no heap
* Jes: the agony and the ecstasy of smtp
* Darren: 5.1 surround code
* Sam: kickin it in the velocipede
* Kurt: tinfoil hats for laptops
* Peter: spoofing caller id (0118 999 881 999 119 7253)
* Chris M: chaotic evil memory alignment
* Tim: TCP/IP through a straw
* Louis: typing like a BOSS

I can make fairly high-quality recordings of your talks as well.

What's the status of the projector at the warehouse? Is it all set up?