What are the "serious" libraries?

Joe Nelson joe at begriffs.com
Sat Apr 11 17:49:07 UTC 2020

June Bug wrote:

> Why do this all inside the Makefile? I think it would be easier to
> read as a simple configure script, and running ./configure before make
> is what’s expected. I write mine to output config.mk and `include
> config.mk` in my Makefile.

That's a much better idea, thank you! I see an example of what you mean
in one of your projects:
https://git.causal.agency/litterbox/tree/configure

One question: in your Makefile why do you prefix include with a dash?

	-include config.mk

Doesn't that ignore errors in the execution of config.mk? I think I'd
like to be aware of any errors. This includes config.mk not existing, in
which case I'd like the main Makefile to complain.