"Mastering the web" series

Dave Bucklin dave.bucklin at gmail.com
Sat Mar 16 18:20:38 UTC 2019

Right now I'm using Jekyll [0] to build my personal site [1]. I've been
looking over this guide on using M4 to build a static site [2]. There
are also a number of static site generators like Roman's ssg [3], Luke Smith's
lb [4], and scads more, I'm sure.

If you are interested in building, or rebuilding, a *personal blog*
using tools such as these and would like some company, let me know. If
so, you will design and build your own solution. We will probably be
tackling similar problems, so you will have me and possibly other folks
to bounce ideas off of. My goal is to recreate my personal site more or
less as-is, but with Unixy text processing tools.

There is also discussion on this list about doing something like this
for the frostbyte home page. I don't want to distract from that but,
again, there is some common problem space.

0. jekyllrb.com
1. www.davebucklin.com
2. https://linuxgazette.net/issue22/using_m4.html
3. https://rgz.ee/ssg.html