What's everyone working on lately?

Dave Bucklin dave.bucklin at gmail.com
Thu Mar 14 02:04:57 UTC 2019

On Wed, Mar 13, 2019 at 04:18:41PM -0500, Joe Nelson wrote:
> Hey it's been a bit quiet lately on the list, what has everyone been
> working on? Any fun side projects or experiments?

I installed Steel Bank Common Lisp on my VPS and have been playing
around with that to learn Lisp. Learning Lisp is hard!

I've also been reading the GNU M4 reference manual. M4 is so weird. It's
definitely a beast from an earlier age, but I'd love to find a use for
it. I believe Joe once sent me a link to a web publishing toolchain that
involved M4. I suppose I could migrate from Jekyll.

Just today I wrapped up an awk script, about 60 lines, that takes a csv
containing our product roadmap and creates a capacity planning report
that includes a Google chart. It is so gratifying to be able to concieve
and produce reports that I can't get from TFS or our ERP.