What's everyone working on lately?

Joe Nelson joe at begriffs.com
Wed Mar 13 21:18:41 UTC 2019

Hey it's been a bit quiet lately on the list, what has everyone been
working on? Any fun side projects or experiments?

I'm still building Unicode tools. Working on one now that is basically
trust-on-first-use (TOFU) for strings. Kind of like how you accept an
SSH fingerprint on the first connection and then it blows up if that
fingerprint changes in a later connection. In this program you accept
a string the first time it's used (email address, url etc) and then a
similar but confusable one later will get flagged.

I'll be working on that tonight at the hack factory.