Unicode study

Ioannis Nompelis nompelis at nobelware.com
Wed Feb 27 13:28:56 UTC 2019

> That code is pretty repetitive, is that necessary or just meant to
> demonstrate something for people learning the algorithm? Is it possible
> to make it more compact?

It is to demonstrate the algorithm. There is really nothing to it, so
preprocess it with 'gcc -E' and you will see that most of it is _DEBUG_
preprocessor directives. It has a sweep over triplets across the buffer,
and in that there are three cases that are a result of a remainder count.
Most of it is verbosity. I also made sure I perform one operation at a
time and gave verbose comments. It would be hard to follow had I not
been verbose.

Dave pointed out that y indices used for sweeping "i" and "j", etc, could
have been more descriptive, adn he is right.

The code can be made more compact, but not much more.

> Hey I know you're just playing around, but wondering if you could
> make fewer references to people's ages? I'd rather that we focus on
> everyone's interest in the tech rather than on if they're old or young.

Yes sure, yes sir! Will shoot for once a month.