Progress migrating to list

Ioannis Nompelis nompelis at nobelware.com
Sun Sep 30 23:24:09 UTC 2018

A quick response on you mentioning Dave's point, that lacking face-to-face can
make the online community become a poop-show quickly. I agree, but I have no
fair solution to offer.

Suppose we "require" that people show up to a meeting and get to know us in
person... Sure. But there will be at least one person who cannot do it, but
it totally worthy of our online friendship and collaboration. Then what do
we do? No idea from my end, but I hate to put rules or guidelines in place
knowing I will have to break them; that is for politicians to do.

I think we just invite people we know, and rely on our gut-feeling from getting
to know people. Let's just try to be gentlemen about it, all sense of the
word.