Progress migrating to list

Ioannis Nompelis nompelis at nobelware.com
Sun Sep 30 14:16:08 UTC 2018

> I think this is the right move. There are a number of outreach
> strategies that we could devise. I'm going to a Twin Cities Automation
> for Business meetup in a couple weeks to pedal my love for casual
> programming as an automation strategy for office automatons. It will be
> a bust, most likely. Oh, but the MN mechanical keyboard is that same
> afternoon, so maybe I'll run into some folks who are getting into
> programming their AVRs with QMK. I should also write up the story about
> how Joe helped me fend off hackers when we configured fail2ban for
> postfix.

I certainly want the story on that. Type it up and put in on your weblog.
Or, send it in an email and it will be archived here -- I guess. Or, we
can host a weblog of sorts on frostbyte.

I read about fail2ban, of which I did not know. As much as I hate python
stuff, I may have to look at this one. Anything that uses IPtables I
tend to approve; best way to handle packets at the IP/TCP layer on a
Linux system, in my opinion.

As for office automation stretegy and programming, there is this epic
story that I found somewhere and posted on my tweeter feed that Dave will
love:

https://twitter.com/nompelis/status/1028020328113610752