Progress migrating to list

Dave Bucklin dave.bucklin at gmail.com
Sat Sep 29 20:06:34 UTC 2018

On Sat, Sep 29, 2018 at 03:26:47PM +0000, Ioannis Nompelis wrote:
> ll not quote or top-post; I will jsut respond.
>
> I am very surprised that his message was not delivered. Do you have a reason
> for the delivery error? "Bad sequence of commands" could also come from the
> mailman, no?
>
> Regarding the triabe-byuilding, I think we jsut start doing what we want to
> do, see how it goes, and periodically ask people to spread the word. I did
> jsut that. If the community does not grow but it is fun for us, we keep it
> going. If it grows to a good membership, good for us. If we need to end it
> due to lack of interest, so be it.
>
> I think that all good things start with somebody liking what they are doing
> regardless of what other people think or how they respond. I read once that
> a musician or composer does not try to write a "musical hit" song/track;
> they do what they do and if it is great, so be it. Let's do it like an art
> and craft that we like.
>
> My 2 euro-cents.
> IN

I think this is the right move. There are a number of outreach
strategies that we could devise. I'm going to a Twin Cities Automation
for Business meetup in a couple weeks to pedal my love for casual
programming as an automation strategy for office automatons. It will be
a bust, most likely. Oh, but the MN mechanical keyboard is that same
afternoon, so maybe I'll run into some folks who are getting into
programming their AVRs with QMK. I should also write up the story about
how Joe helped me fend off hackers when we configured fail2ban for
postfix.