my first test

Ioannis Nompelis nompelis at nobelware.com
Tue Sep 25 16:06:32 UTC 2018

> > Does not matter to me... But now look at what my "group reply" did when Dave
> > is in the CC field as well.
>
> Sorry, what did it do? I didn't notice.
>
> > The list may be purging the address to which the
> > message is sent via CC: headers, but it would become a mess if several persons were responding at once.
>
> Can you explain the mess it would cause?

It turns out that the recipients from the list did not see this, but my CC
field had all other addresses (two in this case, Dave's and the friends).

> It's advantageous to CC the participants in a thread to keep communication open during mailing list reflector outages. People CC'd with reply-all can continue talking with each other, and the list will catch up on the queued messages when it comes online.

I would think that you would not want a discussion to take place at arbitrary
times, i.e. some people not getting the message, then getting the response to
the message and then the message. Confusing, in my opinion.

> > Also, are we going to move this to frostbyte.cc or keep it under Joe's
> > system?
>
> What if we use frostbyte.cc for the shared terminal, irc, voice chat etc, and use this list for email? We were having some deliverability issues on the other list (messages started going to my spam folder).

I am fine with that. Personally, it would bother me if there were such issues
and I would try to find the root-cause and fix it. But we can use this list.