honeypot

Ioannis Nompelis nompelis at nobelware.com
Tue Sep 25 13:33:44 UTC 2018

You know what it is if you are older than 30...

My FTP on Nobelware has been getting a lot of stuff in the /incoming/
directory over the years. And back in the day that I did not filter spam, I
collected a lot of unsolicited emails with "viruses" and the like. I have
all of them. I kept them to possibly sit down and analyze them to see what
they do; we used to do this in the late 80s when we would make viruses for
the Amiga and send them to eachother (good old days).

Some of them seem to be Javascript or something like that. Extension .js and
once I edit them I see obfuscated code, with strings like ".php" in it and
the variables are obfuscated almost like I would obfuscate them (but not as
well). Dave may get a kick out of de-obfuscating the hexed strings out of
them.

If you ever run out of projects to hack, let me know.