my first test

Joe Nelson joe at begriffs.com
Tue Sep 25 01:08:38 UTC 2018

> the list rejected the reply I sent from my phone. I can't find a way to send a
> plaintext email from the Gmail mobile client.

Maybe try the K-9 mail app, it's more configurable. https://k9mail.github.io/
Related: https://grokbase.com/t/gg/k-9-mail/12c7pd4ddt/plain-text-composing

Of course changing your whole email environment just to write to this list is like the tail wagging the dog. But if you try it maybe you'll like it better than the gmail app.

If K-9 ends up sucking, I could configure this list to accept HTML messages as long as they include a plaintext mime alternative. I'd rather keep it pure and simple text though.

But if you like K-9, I can make a note in the HOWTO about mobile.