Introduction

harv 42dch42 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 13 07:36:03 UTC 2018

Mon, 12 Nov 2018 16:57:56 -0600
Dave opined:
> On Sun, Nov 11, 2018 at 07:17:20PM -0600, harv wrote:
> > Hello all,
> > Corresponded with Iznogood on tclug mailing list and he was kind enough
> > to point me towards this list.
> >
> > Name: Harvey Dawes
> > Work: Industrial sheet metal and hvac fabricator/installer
> > Hobby: Poking and prodding under hood of operating systems mainly but
> >              really anything computer related that catches my interest.
> >              Meaning I am strictly an amateur.
> > History: Running various linux and *BSD flavors since 2003
> > Current: Using FreeBSD 11.2 with TrueOS (FreeBSD derivative) and
> >                TinyCore linux installed for when I break things beyond
> >                the point of being able to boot.
> >
> > Don't know how much if any I'll be able to contribute but just scanning
> > list archives has already been educational for me.
> >
> > thanks,
> > harv
>
> Hello and welcome! You can learn a little more about the group at
> http://frostbyte.cc. Do you have any projects that you are working on
> right now?

Mainly getting FreeBSD to behave the way I want.
Biggest issue is blank ttys after starting X. The one X is on works
fine but the rest are blank and thus unusable.

Also giving feedback on TrueOS release candidates- haven't got past 2nd
page of installer yet.

And finally, polishing up a shell script and adding some bells and
whistles to it after which I'll try doing the same thing in python so I
can put a gui on it- gives me incentive to learn python something I've
been going to do for quite some time.